Preservation; it's the answer. It’s something that we are passionate about here at Historic Richmond. Preservation means preventing historic structures from falling victim to demolition; raising awareness about local architectural history; supporting the character and continuity of Richmond’s State and Local Old & Historic Districts.
Preservation is what helps Richmond keep its voice. It is a multidisciplinary process that drives tourism, improves quality of life and creates meaning. Through the use of a revolving fund, HRF purchases buildings with architectural or historic significance.
Historic Richmond Foundation currently owns several historic structures and properties, including:
- Allen Double House, 4 – 6 E. Main Street
- Monumental Church, 1224 E. Broad Street
- St. John’s Mews, 2301 – 2303 E. Broad Street
- 2313 E. Broad Street
- 3020 E. Franklin Street
- 207 N. 3rd Street
- 2 N. 31st Street
- 2400 M Street