The Golden Hammer Awards were started in 2000 with a goal of honoring excellence in neighborhood revitalization projects throughout Greater Richmond. Last year Historic Richmond partnered with Storefront for Community Design to host the Awards. Over 30 projects were submitted and 11 winners were announced in the categories of Best Adaptive Reuse, Best New Construction, Best Placemaking, Best Residential, and Best Restoration.
Who will win a Golden Hammer?
Projects must have been completed after January 1, 2019. All projects nominated must be located in the greater Richmond area (City of Richmond, Counties of Chesterfield, Hanover, and Henrico). One entry per project. There will be an application fee of $50 for businesses and $5 for nonprofit and single family entries.
Entries must be received by midnight on September 13.
1. Best Restoration: Includes restoration by a homeowner, contractor, or developer. Includes historic tax credit projects.
2. Best Adaptive Reuse: Includes projects that were rehabilitated for a new use, multi-family residential and historic tax credit projects welcome.
3. Best New Construction: Includes neighborhood infill.
4. Best Placemaking: Arts and culture projects, park and green-space projects, transportation and infrastructure projects, or other neighborhood enhancing features.
5. Best Residential: Single-family residential projects.