• Photo by Jeff Satterthwaite

Close

Adams Double House, 2501-2503 E. Grace Street

Year Built: 1809

Architectural Style: Federal

District: St. John’s Church

The earliest surviving double house in Richmond; built by Dr. John Adams, who helped initiate development in this area through his real estate holdings. The porches are Victorian additions as is the shop entrance in the basement wall.