Mann-Netherwood Block, 2601-2621 E. Broad Street
Year Built: 1895-1901
Architectural Style: Queen Anne
District: St. John’s Church
The houses were built by business partners John Mann and James Netherwood. The common garden in the back is owned by the homeowners’ association. Note the cast-iron fence and patterned bricks.
In 1975, Historic Richmond purchased 2601-2613. Historic Richmond restored the exteriors, subdivided the property, and created a communal area in the rear. Subsequently, the houses were sold to individual owners who restored the interiors in a variety of ways. The project served as a catalyst for the restoration of other buildings along Broad Street.