Year Built: begun 1810
Architectural Style: Romanesque Revival and Italianate
District: St. John’s Church
Richard Adams developed the land around 1788. The Palmer-Taylor House was built in 1859. Sisters of the Visitation of Mary established a convent called Monte Maria from 1866-1987, adding the Chapel of Sacred Heart in the 1890s. In 1987, it became a Christian ecumenical retreat center called Richmond Hill.