18 North Laurel Street
Built in 1903-1906 in Renaissance Revival Style. This church was built to accommodate the Catholic population that had outgrown St. Peter’s Church on Grace Street. Financier Thomas F. Ryan donated the money for the building, which is made of Virginia granite and Indiana limestone. The interior is highly decorated in the Renaissance Revival style.
photos by Jeff Satterthwaite