418, 420 N. 27th Street
Year Built: 1896
Architectural Style: Vernacular
District: Church Hill North
The quadruple house at 414-420 has retained much of its original porch with the cornice, turned posts, and varied brackets typical of its era. It is interesting to note that in front of these houses is a well-preserved stretch of herringbone brick paving. This type of sidewalk was once common on Church Hill, but only a few major stretches survive in good condition. Historic Richmond played a role in saving the houses at 418 and 420.