Allen Double House
Headquarters of Historic Richmond
Year Built: 1836
Architectural Style: Greek Revival
District: Zero Blocks East & West Franklin District in the Monroe Ward area
Built by William Allen, it is one of the earliest buildings in Monroe Ward and was renovated in 2000 as part of Historic Richmond’s mission to revitalize Monroe Ward. Historic Richmond’s headquarters is now located in 4 East Main Street. Four rental apartments are on the upper floors.