Christian House, 415 W. Franklin Street
Year Built: 1886
Architecture Style: Italianate
District: Commonwealth Club in the Monroe Ward area
Edward Christian was a New Market Cadet and graduated from Virginia Military Institute in 1867. He came back to Richmond to run Richmond Paper Manufacturing. This house has lost its original cornice and the entrance has lost its original porch detailing otherwise the cast-iron fence and fine bay window on the west facade reflect the architectural significance of this structure.