Year Built: c. 1784
Architectural Style: Vernacular
District: Woodward House-Rocketts
Located below Libby Hill Park and Church Hill, this house is the last surviving structure from the once-bustling port of Rocketts Landing. Enlarged over the years from a two-room cottage, the house is believed to incorporate one of the oldest frame dwellings in the city.
The building was slated for demolition to allow widening of Williamsburg Road. Historic Richmond brokered a compromise in which the Redevelopment and Housing Authority sold the property to Historic Richmond and the road was swerved. Historic Richmond restored the house and now holds an easement and first right of refusal on the property.