Year Built: 1844
Architectural Style: Greek Revival
District: Capitol Square
Built by wealthy merchant Norman Stewart, this house was occupied by Robert E. Lee’s family during a portion of the Civil War. Once part of a row of town houses in a residential neighborhood, this is the lone survivor, standing amongst mid 20th-century buildings today. Historic Richmond’s headquarters was located here from 1994 to 2000. The space has been renovated into offices.