Quoit Club | Edgar Allan Poe Museum
Known as the Old Stone House, this building is the oldest original building in Richmond. The Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities, now Preservation Virginia, saved the building from destruction in 1913 and loaned it to the Poe Foundation for use as a Poe Museum which opened in 1922. Beginning in 1927, the surrounding buildings were removed or cut back to reveal three sides of the house. A 1970 restoration removed later additions like mantels and wood paneling and replaced the deteriorating floorboards in the west room. In 2012, the Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities (now called Preservation Virginia) formally donated the Old Stone House to the Poe Museum. Other features of the site include a garden and shrine to Poe.
To buy tickets click here.