Quoit Club | Elwood Thompson’s
Originally the Higgins Medical Offices, this circular landmark in the museum district is known for its 1950’s midcentury modern architecture. The building was designed by David Yerkes and the landscape was designed by landscape architect, Charles Gillette. This site not only had an impact architecturally, but was one of the first doctors’ offices to open in the west end of Richmond. Many original features remain, including the custom-molded, cross- motif concrete block exterior and custom-built furniture hand-crafted by the original owner. The space is now home to Elwood Thompson’s headquarters and has been renovated to include multipurpose spaces for cooking classes and other activities.